Insurance Program for AILIA Members
AILIA has set up an insurance program tailored to the specific needs of language industry organizations, including translation and interpretation firms, language technology companies, and language training organizations. The program offers superior protection at competitive rates. The program is available to all Canadian firms, but translation and interpretation firms that are members of AILIA will receive an additional 25% discount.
The program is provided by CFC Underwriting Ltd. and administered by Risk Balance Inc.
Premiums start at $450 per year, and the following coverage is available:
A. Errors and Omissions Liability Insurance—Professional Liability
- Coverage for professional services such as translation, interpretation, editing, typesetting, publishing, printing, proofreading and localization
- Protection against allegations of personal injury (invasion of privacy, libel, slander)
- Protection against claims arising from negligent acts by subcontractors
- Limits of liability from $250,000 to $3,000,000
B. Commercial General Liability Insurance (Optional)
- Protection against allegations of bodily injury or property damage to third parties
- Tenant’s legal liability, employer’s liability, employee benefits liability and non-owned automobile liability
- Limits of liability from $1,000,000 to $5,000,000
C. Property Insurance (Optional)
- Broad form coverage (fire, theft, vandalism, water damage)
- Replacement cost valuation
Obtaining a quote for your organization:
- Print and complete the two-page questionnaire.
- Email the questionnaire to email@example.com or 1-613-225-3515 ext 244
A Risk Balance representative will provide your quote within three business days.
Contact Risk Balance Inc.
Serge Paquette, Vice President
firstname.lastname@example.org | 1-866-931-8003 x244 or 613-225-3515, ext. 244