Economic Value of Terminology
- Study reports distributed to
- Participants in Focus Days on the Future of Terminology in Canada;
- Members of the Federal Terminology Council and the National Terminology Council;
- OTTIAQ members;
- Various international terminology organizations such as the European Association for Terminology, Termcat, the Délégation générale à la langue française et aux langues de France, the Centre de terminologie de Bruxelles, the Universidad de Concepción in Chile and the Universitat Pompeu Fabra in Spain;
- Individuals who had requested the report in response to articles published on the topic.
- Presentation on the study of the economic value of terminology, Second Terminology Summit, Barcelona, November 2004.
- Workshop on the economic value of terminology, OTTIAQ Annual Conference, November 2004.
The following publications were written by members of JCTC, or at their request, in the course of the Committeeâs activities.
- VACHON, Jean. âLa valeur Ã©conomique de la terminologie : une premiÃ¨re Ã©tude,â Circuit (OTTIAQ newsletter), 88 (Summer 2005).
- HÉTU, Marie Pierre. âRentable, la termino?â, Lâantenne (OTTIAQ newsletter), Vol. XXXVI, No. 1 (January-February 2005). Article about the workshop on the economic value of terminology given at OTTIAQâs Annual Conference.
- VACHON, Jean. âA First in Canada,â Language Update, the professional journal of the Translation Bureau, PWGSC, Vol. 1, No. 2 (December 2004). Article about the study on the economic value of terminology.
- Preliminary testing of the conclusions of the study on the economic value of terminology, and testing of the compliance protocol.