Did you know?
Did you know?
- Become the JCTCā€™s newest member
The JCTC is seeking a dynamic new member from the private sector with a passion for terminology and for promoting it within the Canadian language industry! The ideal member will be bilingual (English-French) and have good knowledge of terminology in the industry and of the various technological tools used by terminologists. Expertise in online communications (e.g. website and social media management) would also be a valuable asset. To express your interest in joining us at the JCTC, please send your CV and an email outlining your interest and qualifications to email@example.com, by Friday July 15, 2016.
- Nycole Bélanger interviewed by the Conseil interprofessionnel du Québec (CIQ)
Nycole Bélancer, C. Term., C. Tr., member of OTTIAQā€™s Board of Directors since November 2015, was interviewed as a representative of terminologists by the Conseil interprofessionnel du Québec (CIQ), as part of their Ordre de protéger campaign. The interview was recently published on OTTIAQā€™s Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter and on its website (http://ottiaq.org/en/2016/02/protect-the-public/).
- TermCoord recognized as one of the best language blogs
The European Parliamentā€™s Terminology Coordination Unit, whose role is to coordinate the work of the terminologists in the translation units and to represent the European Parliament in the inter-institutional management of the EU terminology database IATE (InterActive Terminology for Europe), has undergone a major website overhaul. The site, which is devoted to promoting terminology, appears on the list of the 100 best language professional blogs from the language portal bab.la, a free online platform for language lovers (http://en.bab.la/news/top-100-language-professional-blogs-2016-voting).
To explore TermCoordā€™s website, go to termcoord.eu. Among the siteā€™s many offerings is a new interview with Louis-Jean Rousseau, former terminologist at the OQLF: http://termcoord.eu/entretien-avec-louis-jean-rousseau/.
- Robert Vézina named Chevalier de lā€™Ordre des arts et des lettres de la République française
The honour was conferred on Robert Vézina, President and CEO of the Office québécois de la langue française on May 27, in recognition of his contribution to raising the profile of the French language. More details are available at http://www.oqlf.gouv.qc.ca/accueil.aspx.
- Terminology training workshop at TKE 2016 The European Association for Terminology (EAFT) and the International Institute for Terminology Research (IITF) are organizing a Workshop on Terminology Teaching and Training in the framework of the 12th Conference on Terminology and Knowledge Engineering (TKE) in Copenhagen, Denmark, June 22 -24, 2016. For more information, visit the following website: http://sf.cbs.dk/gtw/conferences_terminology_and_knowledge_engineering/tke_2016_copenhagen/workshop_terminology_teaching_training
The conference will be immediately followed by the annual meetings of ISO TC 37 - Terminology and other language and content resources. To learn about ISO TC 37, see the following website: http://www.iso.org/iso/home/standards_development/list_of_iso_technical_committees/iso_technical_committee.htm?commid=48104
Call for contributions. If you have any news that would be of interest to all terminology professionals across Canada and would like to share it, or if you want to announce an event or the release of a new publication about the profession, you can post the information under Did you know? on the JCTC site. Send your publication request to CMTC – JCTC.
NB: The Joint Committee on Terminology in Canada reserves the right to disseminate or not to disseminate information that it receives.