Activity sector: Translation and localization
Location: 276 Saint-Jacques, Suite 900, Montreal, Quebec H2Y 1N3
Job type: Permanent, full-time (37.5 hours a week)
Salary: $38,000 to $52,000
TRANSLATOR (EN > FRCA) AND PROOFREADER (EN, DE, NL > FRCA)
Traductions Serge Bélair inc. (TRSB) is one of Canada's largest translation firms. With an in-house team of over 125 experienced professionals based in the heart of Old Montreal's business district, Traductions Serge Bélair inc. is an ideal partner and linguistic consultant for its clients.
We are seeking the services of a Translator (EN > FRCA)/Proofreader (EN, DE, NL > FRCA) to help us with our initiative to set up a pool of external contributors specializing in the Germanic languages: English, German and Dutch. The successful candidate's prime responsibility will be to translate administrative, banking and financial documents of greatly varying nature and complexity from English to French. The person appointed will also be called upon to control the quality of incoming translations from English, German and Dutch to French, and act as a linguistic resource person for project managers overseeing translations involving any combination of these languages.
- Producing turnkey, high-visibility French translations in accordance with Traductions Serge Bélair inc. standards and the terminological and stylistic preferences of its clients
- Carrying out the basic terminological research required for such translations
- Performing quality control on the content and format of translations from English, German and Dutch produced by freelancers in light of Traductions Serge Bélair inc. standards and the terminological and stylistic preferences of our clients
- Assessing texts produced by freelancers working from English, German and Dutch into French and giving them feedback they can use to develop professionally
- Acting as a resource person for the project management team whenever an in-depth linguistic analysis proves necessary
THIS POSITION IS IDEAL FOR YOU IF YOU
- Have two to five years' experience in administrative, banking or financial translation, two years of which were spent in a translation firm;
- Have a bachelor's or master's degree in translation or in French linguistics and literature;
- Have a minimum of a year's experience with translation-assistance tools such as Trados, LogiTerm or MultiTerm
- Are fluent in the following languages: French (expert, Level C2, both oral and written), English (advanced, Level C1), and written German and Dutch (advanced, Level C1);
- Have good general knowledge of banking, administrative and financial terminology;
- Have at least a year's experience coping with tight deadlines using an integrated business application like enterprise resource planning (ERP);
- Are a member of a recognized professional association like the OTTIAQ, EAC or ATIO, which will be considered an asset.
On joining our team, you will be challenged with stimulating projects in the company of experienced professionals working in a genuinely congenial setting. Traductions Serge Bélair inc. has also made it its mission to provide a competitive overall value proposition that notably includes the full range of employee benefits:
- Three (3) weeks' annual vacation
- Group insurance plan with the following coverage:
- dental care
- vision care
- short-term disability
- long-term disability
- drug insurance
- paramedical care
- Registered retirement savings plan (RRSP) along with a deferred profit-sharing plan (DPSP) (The employer may contribute up to 6% of the employee's gross annual earnings.)
- Five (5) sick days per calendar year
- One (1) additional statutory holiday per year, on the employee's birthday
- 50% rebate on the cost of joining a fitness program or a regular sports activity, up to a maximum of $300 per calendar year
- Membership in the OPUS program for businesses, which extends a 20% discount on the price of regular STM and AMT transit passes
Person to contact:
Marie-Michèle Ross, Recruitment Specialist, CHRP
Traductions Serge Bélair inc.
276 Saint-Jacques, Suite 900
Montreal, Quebec H2Y 1N3
E-mail: email@example.com; T: 514-844-4682, Ext. 234; F: 514-844-5983
Please note that only short-listed applicants will be asked to write a proficiency test.